Friday, September 23, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, Place Your Bets

I can promise you three things. At some point in culinary school I WILL:
1. set something on fire ( they use gas stoves which terrify me). Let us just hope it isn't myself that I set on fire
2. Break something. I am super good at this.
3. I will cut myself. Maybe cut off a finger.

Start placing bets as to when these things will occur. I don't think I'll be doing much cooking the first week so believe in me and set your dates out a bit.

I had my orientation for culinary school today so these worries are fresh on my mind. Very soon someone will be giving me a sharp knife and asking me to cut things in a rapid fashion. Foolishness. Even though I am going to school for pastry and baking I still have to take a basic culinary class. It is one of the first I take so lets hope I don't flunk out immediately. I have been doing all this canning and food prepping lately in hopes of sharpening (hahahahahaha) my knife skills. I cut myself twice. And we have dull knives. I maintained all digit attachment, no worries (due to the dull knives).

In other news fall is here, officially. I am trying to celebrate the farewell to summer by using up the last of my heirloom tomatoes. We had blt's but my favorite use of tomatoes is to put them on crackers with mozzarella cheese, basil and balsamic vinegar. I could eat a mabillion of these. And I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment