Sunday, October 16, 2011

This is what we call the...

Muppet show!

This weekend I got to exercise my decorating skill. Our godson turned five last week and he requested Muppet cupcakes for his birthday party. The Muppet Show was a big part of my childhood so I was happy to help. His mom and I did some research to see how this could be done. We ended up dividing the labor, she made the cupcakes and I decorated. It worked out well since she also needed to prepare lunch for the other guests and also entertain people.

I have never really attempted anything like this. I used fondant to make some of the faces or embellishments like  glasses or Fozzie's hat. My friend bought candy eyes so that part was all done for me. I did change Kermit's,,
Miss Piggy and Gonzo's eyes a little to try to make them look a little more accurate. Some were dipped in white chocolate ganache that was colored and some that we wanted more texture for I used buttercream. I used a Jim Henson book for reference and I did a google image search for muppet cupcakes which came up with some amazing results! I made Kermit, Miss Piggy, Bunson, Beaker, Rolf, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter and Animal with varying levels of success. Beaker and Fozzie were my favorites. Overall, I was happy and so was the birthday boy. He ate Beaker.

I couldn't handle eating any of them so I had a plain cupcake.

I'm excited to try something like this again. Fondant is very fun to work with. Trying to mix the correct colors was my favorite part.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you did an amazing job! I'm envious of your talent!

    ReplyDelete