Friday, October 7, 2011

Take That Veggies!

I julienned the crap out of some vegetables this week. Carrots, zucchini, celery, leeks, green pepper and scallions all went down without much of a fight. Are you sick of my cut up vegetable pictures yet? I'll try to add some variety this weekend. I can now also paysanne and make a basket out of a lemon (which I'm sure has a french name too but I wasn't paying attention). I was able to tourne some carrots and even got a "looking good" from my instructor (which is the highest level of praise we have heard so far). All while not cutting myself. Winner.

Strangely, I'm actually starting to enjoy cutting things up all thin and tiny. I have even started looking at knives in the kitchen stores. I feel fiercely protective over the precious knives in my kit. I would never have expected this. I'm a little bummed that this will probably be my only class where I get to cut stuff up. But I am happy to be in a program where I don't have to kill a lobster or deal with raw meat. I would much rather be making gingerbread houses and pies. I'll just cut up more stuff at home. Plus the culinary students seem kind of intense. You can definitely tell who is in which program.

In other news, I signed up for another food swap this weekend and I'm not sure what to make. I have a ton of canned goods but I can't bear to part with them and I certainly am not up to canning more. I'm all canned out for the season.

1 comment:

  1. That basket is still alive. It might be time to chuck it though...

    ReplyDelete