Sunday, February 26, 2012

My new love

Crepes.

I have never really cared much for crepes, or really tried them very often. We made them in class last week and the light bulb finally went on. They are so easy to make and so versatile! You can make them savory or sweet depending on your mood. The batter whips up quick in a blender and then you can store it for about a week in the fridge. They take less than a minute to cook on a hot pan. And, they taste great. AND! They aren't too bad for you, especially if you fill them with fresh fruit.

On Saturday my husband and I filled our crepes with strawberries and blueberries. Today some friends picked up savory ingredients to fill them with. We had grilled chicken sausage, sauteed red pepper, green onions and a little cheese in our crepes. Amazing. As a final treat we had crepes with strawberries, nutella and whipped cream.

I see crepes happening every weekend.

1 comment:

  1. "I have never really cared much for crepes..." THEM ARE SWEAR WORDS!

    ReplyDelete