Friday, December 2, 2011

Because I'm not a very nice person...

A while ago I accidentally stole a friend's hat. I borrowed it for the morning and then it warmed up so I put it in my purse and forgot about it until I was later accused of stealing it. I went with it. I began texting him pictures of different people with his hat on or me in various locations wearing his hat. His hat went bowling, went to the farmer's market, visited some restaurants, etc. Then one day he told me that he felt sorry for his hat because it had to spend so much time with me. I told him his hat would be punished.

His birthday was approaching so I figured that would be a good time to give the hat back. I used to do a lot of knitting so I found some yarn about the same colors and I distressed it a little so it looked worn. I also made a pom pom. Then I found some fleece similar to the lining of the hat and sewed a new lining. I thought the lack of tags would give me away so I cut the tag out of a hat I had (same brand) and sewed it into the lining. Then I made a ransom style note, just for fun.

I made a false bottom in a box and put the real hat in. On top of it I wrapped up the hat pieces with the note. Justice.

I only fooled him for a few minutes but what a precious few minutes they were. And the best part is my husband recorded it!


On a totally unrelated note, we made turkey pizza. Pumpkin puree was the base, topped with turkey, red onions, gruyere cheese and red pepper flakes. Pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment